What is Revel Data Connector?
- the way to access Revel point-of-sale (POS) core data using business intelligence (BI) tools to provide visibility and transparency for executives on a corporate level
- Alternative data source for building your own custom reports and dashboards on scale while using tools you know best.
- Best source for data to do custom analytics and have the flexibility to analyse data you need.
How do I start?
- To get the most out of Data Connector you would need to choose a Business Intelligence tool like Microsoft PowerBI, Google DataStudio, Tableau, DOMO or any other tool that supports Redshift connections.
- Contact your Account Manager for other details and how to purchase Data Connector
- Invest few days to learn how to use your Business Intelligence tool - it will give you great advantage over competitors
What will I get?
- A set of credentials that are used to access a data warehouse with Revel POS data - you can get and manage these credentials in Management Console when Data Connector is enabled.
- Access to a data warehouse with a set of data models built specifically for analytics purposes
- A set of wide tables for convenience and dim/fact tables for flexibility
- Data Connector does not have user interface - you need Business intelligence tool
How do I connect?
- it will depend on the tool you are using, you can see few connection examples here
How much does it cost?
- Please reach out to your account manager or sales representative for the most up to date pricing.
What Data is Available?
- Set of data models built with restaurant operations in mind.
- All of your revenue related data that you capture by using other Revel products like POS, Online Ordering, Kiosk, etc.
- Data designed to analyse orders, order items, item modifiers, customers, payments, staff
- more data structures for easier analysis to come
How can I use the Data Connector?
- Build visual dashboards in Business Intelligence tools for quick data informed and data driven business decisions to increase profits.
- Forecast the performance of your business based on historical, segmented, cohort, seasonal data.
- Integrate with other data sources like inventory, staff, delivery management tools and have 360 view on your restaurant performance.
- Track KPIs to quickly adjust and optimise restaurant operations and menu.
- Check product, combo, modifier performance in different establishments and areas you operate.
- Compare the performance of products or even whole establishments in different time periods.
- Identify which sales/distribution channels are the top performing and what are the trends.
Who should use the Data Connector?
- Data Analysts - if you have data analysts in your company or outsourced data analysis who analyse your restaurant chain performance on a daily basis - having access to Data Connector will help them save up to 70% of time they spend preparing the data for analysis.
- Business Analysts or any decision maker ready to dive deeper into conveniently structured data and find new ways to optimise restaurant performance.
What are the benefits of Revel Data Connector?
- It removes all the manual work needed to export reports from the Management Console.
- Data has multiple dimensions and metrics that you could choose depending on your goal.
- Data is structured and prepared for analytical purposes and custom reporting.
- Data Connector has data from all establishments and infrastructure is easily scalable.
- Visibility and transparency for executives.
- Significant time-savings for corporate analysts to prepare data for visualisations and analysis.
What do I do if I can’t connect?
- Check if you company network policy allows you to access external databases
- Check if credentials are not revoked in Management Console
- Contact support with screenshots and error code so we can help you
Updated 4 months ago